Alternate DVB-s driver
This is a modified version of Convergence's DVB-s driver that works with Technotrend's
The current version of my patch is dated Feb 28th 2002; the version of the
Covergence driver that I used as a starting point is that dated Jan 9th 2002.
I've made some small modifications to the linux driver; basically I've just
removed some stuff that the original firmware did not support and changed some
of the constants in the header files. I have no way of modifying the firmware
as I do not have access to the source code for it.
The modified firmware that comes with the Linux driver has some extra features
added, but I suppose that the CA support in it is not so good, perhaps because
it was not so high on the developer's priorities.
- Get the latest driver source from http://www.linux-dvb.tv/download/dvb-20020109.tar.bz2
- Download my patch from http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/patch-20020228.gz
(or the complete driver code as http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/driver-20020228.tgz)
- Download and install the original firmware from Technotrend:
- Download Windows driver pack from http://www.hauppauge.de/files/dvbs_123b.exe.
This file is a self-extracting ZIP archive!
- Unpack the Windows driver archive and copy the files Boot_up.axf, Dpram
and Root from .../Update/Boot/Tv/24 to the directory /lib/DVB-123b on
your Linux box
- Unpack the latest Linux driver, go into driver/ subdirectory and apply
the patch (or unpack my driver.tgz)
- Compile and load the driver. You should now see n-tv on your TV screen ...
- If you want to use (n)tuxzap, you have to apply the patch in tuxzap.patch
to the libdvb/ subdirectory
(i.e. cd ../libdvb ; patch -p0 < ../driver/tuxzap.patch) and then re-build the tuxzap
- There is a similar patch vdr.patch for the vdr program. See the README
included with my files for the limitations of support for vdr.
Remember, this is still "work in progress". If you have got any suggestions,
fixes or enhancements to my code, please feel free to contact
© 2002 John Williams firstname.lastname@example.org